Listen to the full sermon here.
Seed + Rain + Harvest
But the seed also requires rain, of two types
- Former rain – needed for seed to germinate; happened on the day of Pentecost
- Latter rain – needed to bring in the harvest; still to come to allow souls to come to the KingdomAccording to Joel 2, the latter rain will be seven times greater than the former rain.
Instead of convicting people of their sin, Christians should be convincing them that there is hope in Jesus Christ
To prepare to receive the latter rain, the church must enter into an unprecedented dimension of worship – we must intensify our worship and boost our prayer lives.
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
Israel observed 7 feasts, of which they were commanded to observe 3: Passover, Pentecost, Tabernacles (Booths)
Israel used to enter booths to worship for 8 days (so that no-one could see)
Each person must have their own personal worship for God to deliver the latter rain on them
We are going to have 8 days of prayer and fast
Ask ye of the Lord rain in the time of the latter rain; so the Lord shall make bright clouds, and give them showers of rain, to every one grass in the field.
New Testament connotation
- Passover – crucifixion of Christ
- Pentecost – ascension of Christ
- Tabernacles – 2nd coming of ChristWe have to ask God for the Holy Spirit